CollaStead contains high-quality collagen peptides derived from marine fish with an additional boost of Rosehip Extract and Vitamin C. It’s the ideal supplement for improving skin elasticity, strengthening hair, and keeping our joints, bones, ligaments, connective tissue, and nails healthy.
CollaStead offers collagen in the form of peptides, which are smaller in size, of low molecular weight, easy to digest, highly absorbable, and bioavailable. Collagen is the most abundant protein in our body made up of 19 amino acids, including glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline, found in comparatively higher amounts. It holds our body together and enables us to move, stretch, and bend better. Collagen is found in most of our body parts and is necessary for all of us. With ageing, our body produces less collagen and its level depletes naturally. Reduction of collagen might result in joint pain, weak cartilage, wrinkled skin, hair fall, and poor immune health. Other causes of depleted collagen levels include smoking, tobacco consumption, harmful ultraviolet sun rays, stress, excess sugar consumption, and dietary insufficiency.
The role of vitamin C in the effectiveness of collagen is irrefutable. Vitamin C is essential for the synthesis of collagen fibres and plays an essential role in connective tissue healing. It acts as a cofactor for the synthesis of proline and lysine hydroxylase that allow collagen fibres to form a stable structure. Vitamin C is present in high concentrations in our skin. Being a powerful antioxidant, it effectively fights against free radicals, environmental pollutants, toxins, and harmful ultra-violet (UV) rays.
Rosehip extract in Collastead further strengthens its health-boosting profile. It is extracted from the fruit rosehip of the rose plant. Rosehip is popular across the globe due to its delicious flavour and wide-ranging health benefits. One of the exquisite advantages of rosehip is its strong anti-inflammatory property. Rosehip contains a galactolipid which accounts for its anti-inflammatory action. Multiple clinical trials have identified rosehip extract as beneficial when used for treating joint pain, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. Rosehip also carries a promising level of antioxidants and is hence a boon for our heart, brain, skin, and immune health.
CollaStead has been formulated scientifically. It is completely safe and convenient to use.
TYPES OF COLLAGEN
There are approximately 16 types of collagen found in our body but types I, II and III dominate the zone.
1. Type I: Being a major structural component of our skin, bones, tendons, muscles, and other connective tissues, type I is all-rounder collagen. It is derived from marine sources and is highly absorbable as compared to the other types. It is also good for strengthening nails and hair. Marine collagen renders multiple health benefits required for overall health and well-being. If you are looking for collagen to maintain the hydration and elasticity of the skin, and minimise fine lines and wrinkles, then type I collagen is your ally.
2. Type II: Type II collagen is derived from chicken cartilage and is rich in chondroitin and glucosamine. It helps form the cartilage that protects our joints. This makes type II collagen beneficial especially for reducing joint pain and symptoms of arthritis.
3. Type III: Type III is fibrillar collagen extracted from bovine and is found in the blood vessels, liver, reproductive organs, and bone marrow. It is crucial for the better functioning of the heart and at times also recommended in diseases like liver injury, kidney fibrosis, inflammation of the liver, etc.
BENEFITS OF COLLASTEAD
1. Alleviates Joints Pain: CollaStead eases joint movement and reduces pain. When we lose collagen, our ligaments and tendons are unable to move with ease, resulting in swelling and stiffness. In the case of healthy joints, the cartilage is lubricated by synovial fluid and covers the end of the bones. Cartilage is connective tissue and is made up of collagen. During osteoarthritis, it gets affected due to less collagen and there is direct contact of bones resulting in joints pain, stiffness, and inflammation. A 24-week study was conducted by Clark et al, 2008 on 147 athletes to examine the efficacy of collagen supplements on activity-related joints pain. These athletes had no previous history of joints pain and it was observed that collagen not only supported their joint health but also reduced the risk of joint deterioration.
2. Reduces inflammation: CollaStead has an impressive amino acid profile. One of them is glycine, which possesses strong anti-inflammatory properties. Glycine eases pain, and soreness, and reduces inflammation by suppressing the activation of certain inflammatory cytokines. Rosehip present in CollaStead also helps curtail inflammation. Galactolipid present in Rosehip diminishes the production of certain pro-inflammatory cytokines like InterLeukin 1 beta, InterLeukin 6, and InterLeukin 12. It reduces the levels of C-reactive protein, produced in the liver in response to inflammation.
3. Powerful Antioxidant: The amino acid glycine present in CollaStead helps synthesise Glutathione – an antioxidant naturally produced in our body. Glutathione in combination with the other antioxidants vitamin C and rosehip shields healthy cells and tissues against free radicals and oxidative stress. This in turn narrows the risk of developing cancer, and certain cardiovascular and brain disorders.
4. Reduces Skin Ageing: Collagen is well-known for its anti-ageing properties. It is used widely by the cosmetic industry in anti-ageing, skin tightening creams, lotions, and beauty serums. Collagen production reduces with age and the effects begin to appear on our skin as well. Collagen helps in maintaining the elasticity, hydration, and tightness of the skin. It minimises the appearance of wrinkles, dryness, and fine lines, giving a healthy glow to our skin. Being a rich source of collagen and antioxidants, it keeps us young, repairs skin damage, and brightens it.
5. Healthy Hair and Nails: Our hair and nails are primarily made up of a protein called keratin. A lack of collagen also results in hair thinning and brittle nails. CollaStead helps in keeping nails and hair strong and shiny. This is because collagen contains proline amino acid in abundance, which is required to build keratin protein. Our hair roots are attached to the middle layer of skin which contains approximately 70% of collagen. Less collagen makes hair roots weak, resulting in hair fall. So if you are looking for a one-stop remedy for hair fall, hair thinning, and brittle nails, then CollaStead is the answer.
6. Promotes Muscle Synthesis: CollaStead, being abundant in amino acids, assists in the synthesis of muscle proteins. It is especially beneficial for athletes involved in strenuous physical activities due to the presence of glycine. Glycine is also utilised by our body to naturally synthesise creatine, which acts as a fuel for workouts and provides stamina.
7. Strengthens Gut: CollaStead helps improve digestive health and boosts gut health by providing the necessary amino acids – glycine and glutamine- needed to maintain a healthy blood-intestine barrier. This prohibits certain toxins and unwanted foreign bodies from entering our intestine and interfering with functioning. The presence of glutamine makes CollaStead excellent for people suffering from a leaky gut and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Studies have also shown that glycine and proline present in CollaStead are effective inhibitors of stomach ulcers.
8. Improved Sleep Quality: Glycine present in CollaStead also improves sleep quality. It is well-known for its brain calming effects. Glycine increases the levels of serotonin, controls the symptoms of sleep deprivation, and helps normalise the sleep cycle.
WHAT ARE THE CONSTITUENTS OF COLLASTEAD?
Collagen Peptide, Rosehip Extract Powder, L-Ascorbic Acid, Acidity Regulator (INS 330), Sweeteners (INS 955 & INS 950)
WHO CAN TAKE COLLASTEAD?
1. Athletes: Strength and endurance athletes require a healthy muscle mass for better athletic performance. CollaStead supplies the required amino acids needed for muscle synthesis and growth. Athletes also tend to exert a lot of pressure on their joints and bones. CollaStead protects their joints, ligaments, and tendons from damage and improves their movement and flexibility.
2. People suffering from joint pain: With increasing age and lack of an adequate diet, health issues like joint pain, osteoarthritis, etc are rising. Severe pain, and inflamed and stiff joints make it difficult for a person to even deal with simple day-to-day activities. CollaStead is a boon for such people as it soothes the pain and inflammation. It also helps repair cartilage and prevents the disorder from progressing further.
3. Anyone desiring youthful skin: CollaStead being rich in type I collagen and antioxidants works supremely to give you ravishing skin. It slows down the ageing process and helps reduce wrinkles, blemishes, and fine lines giving a smooth, supple, and youthful skin.
4. People suffering from hair fall: Instead of spending thousands of bucks on expensive keratin treatments for smooth and lustrous hair, opt for CollaStead and allow your body to naturally produce keratin. CollaStead is a convenient, economical, and safe way to keep your hair and nails healthy, shiny, and prevent breakage.
5. Anyone looking for overall well-being: It is a scientifically proven fact that we all tend to lose collagen as we grow. It is imperative to maintain the required collagen levels in our body to prevent complications resulting from damage to connective tissues, bones, joints, skin, ligaments, and tendons. CollaStead provides an all-rounder type I collagen. Hence, anyone can use of it for overall health and wellness.
WHEN CAN WE TAKE COLLASTEAD?
CollaStead can be taken any time during the day.
HOW TO TAKE COLLASTEAD?
Mix one sachet (10 g) in 100 ml water. Consume one serving daily.